E.S.B. RETIRED STAFF ASSOCIATION
(HEAD OFFICE BRANCH).
Notice of A.G.M.
Notice is hereby given that the 16th Annual General Meeting will be held in the
Conference Centre, AT&GWU, 55/56 Middle Abbey St., Dublin 1
(opp. Arnott’s Shopping Centre Entrance)
on Thursday the 14thth May 2009 at 2.15pm.
1) To approve the Minutes of the 2008 AGM.
2) To consider the Secretary’s report for the year ended 31/03/09.
3) To consider the Treasurer’s report for the year to 31/12/08- see details over.
4) To appoint Auditors for the year 2009.
5) To receive a report on the Pensions situation. See comment below
6) To consider Motions Nos.1 and 2 below.
7) To elect Honorary Officers and Committee members for the year 2009/10.
9) To consider any other business.
10) Draw for Cash Prizes for those present, one of €200.00 and one of €100.00.
The Committee suggests that we discontinue these prizes and would like to
have your views.
In these turbulent times this is the big issue for us all. A briefing on the recent report from the Actuary will be given and a Trustee of the Scheme will be present to give his assessment. It is important that you attend and give us your views.
Motion No. 1 That the Constitution be amended to permit us to increase the size of the Committee from seven to nine members.
Motion No. 2 That the membership subscription be increased to €0.23 per week, €0.46 per fortnight and €1.00 per month.