E.S.B. RETIRED STAFF ASSOCIATION (HEAD OFFICE BRANCH)
Notice of A.G.M.
The Annual General Meeting will be held in Wynn’s Hotel, Lr. Abbey St.
on Tuesday the 13thth May 2008 at 2.15pm.
1) To approve the Minutes of 2007 AGM
2) To consider the Secretary’s report for the year ended 31/03/08.
3) To consider the Treasurer’s report for the year to 31/12/07- see details over.
4) To appoint Auditors for the year 2008.
5) To receive a report on the Pensions situation.
6) To elect Honorary Officers and Committee members for the year 2008/2009.
8) To consider any other business.
9) Draw for Cash Prizes for those present
The big issue for everyone this year is pensions. Your pension contract with ESB and the Superannuation Trustees seems to be in jeopardy with changes being implemented in methods of payment to staff without deduction of superannuation contributions. The committee needs to know your views.
The committee has planned a social outing to Belfast for Tuesday 20th May. There are no elaborate arrangements – if you wish to go by train for a day out, just show up. There are lots of things to do as well as share some time with other retirees as you wish.
Meet at Main Hall, Connolly Station in time for 9.35am train to Belfast Central arriving at 11.45.
Return Options – 16.10 arriving Connolly at 18.20 or 18.10 arriving Connolly at 20.20.
Important items to bring with you:
1. Free Travel Pass.
2. ROI Senior Smart Pass (for free travel within Northern Ireland).
3. Rail Warrant (Form FT100). This can be obtained in advance at your local station – hand completed form into ticket office when obtaining ticket.
4. Sterling money to spend, spend, spend!
There are lots of things to do:
Open-top bus tour -18 stops costs £9. Takes about 2 hours. Frequency 45/60 minutes.
Visit Belfast Castle and Cave Hill Country Park Visitor Centre – Admission free.
Shop shop shop!
Boat trip on river Lagan – costs £8 for 75 min trip.
Visit Linen Hall Library.
Visit Cultra – Ulster Folk and Transport Museum.
Eat eat eat!!
More details available on www.superann2u2.wordpress.com under ‘Social Events’ category
Note: A full set of audited accounts for the year to 31/12/07 is shown on the notice of meeting posted to each branch member. Please bring this document to the AGM if you wish to seek clarification on any point in the accounts. Thank you.